Tuesday 21 April 2020

Victrix Anglo-Saxon Test

The Victrix test figure spent a lot longer on the "to do" pile than I had intended, as is always the way.


I think he came out OK. The details on the figure are nicely done and very refined, although the poses aren't really customisable in any useful sense, and I wouldn't want lots of this pose (or the others on the sprue) in an army. I replaced his plastic spear with wire. I have an idea to use him to represent Leofric, a freeman Osbert frequently mentions in his manuscript, in which case he'll be incorporated onto a command stand as a standard bearer.


The gambeson really marks him out at an C11th sort of chap. To be honest I've no idea how accurate such an item would be for an Englishman at the time of the Conquest, but it certainly makes one think Early Medieval rather than Late Antiquity.


If he is going to represent Leofric then a counterpart figure in "civilian" clothes will have to be sought out....

No comments:

Post a Comment