Friday 27 March 2020

Pulp Figures Anglo-Saxons Painted

Pulp Figures Anglo-Saxons with paint on them. The figures were very cleanly cast with minimal mould lines, and the deep details were easy to paint. The texture of their mail is very nicely done.



The shield arms are held a bit higher than some other makes meaning that the faces are partly obscured by the shields themselves. I did find slightly smaller shields for them in my stash but the difference wasn't really noticeable in the end. Because of the shields obscuring so much I painted them separately, normally I stick them on first before painting



Only half of them got cloaks, they will be part of the veteran unit I have in mind; the others will be dotted around other units so that their monopose nature is disguised a bit.

Here's a close up of a few - despite all basically being the same figure the variety of interesting helmet styles disguises this a bit, along with different shield patterns.



There are some nice details on the figures, like the buckling up the back of their hauberks.



Even the cloaks I added didn't come out too bad.



1 comment:

  1. I love the way you've painted the highlights on the shields. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete